These are the terms for Platinium Group Booking Protection Policy. It is advisable for you to read and understand the conditions prior to your purchase. Please note that this booking protection policy acts as coverage for a specified duration of time that begins from the time you buy your ticket to 10 days before the event. Any incidents taking place within 9 days before the event or during the event itself will not be covered with this policy.
This POLICY is intended to detail the coverage that is outlined below in Article 2 “Nature of the POLICY”. It is not mandatory for you to subscribe to this POLICY and hence, you can simply remove this on the checkout page when you make your booking.
ARTICLE 1 - DEFINITIONS
TICKET HOLDER: the person with an event ticket who signed up for the POLICY at the time of ticket purchase.
EVENT COVERED: any sporting event in which there is a subscription to the POLICY for the corresponding tickets.
SERIOUS ILLNESS: a statement of severe** health deterioration by a doctor of medicine, indicating that the person does not have the ability to take part in any professional or other activities and/or travel, and requires appropriate treatment.
SERIOUS ACCIDENT: any damage or injury caused unintentionally to the victim by external factors, as provided in a statement by a doctor of medicine indicating that the affected person does not have the ability to take part in any professional or other activities and/or travel, and requires appropriate treatment.
IMMEDIATE FAMILY: direct family members such as mother, father, sister, brother, spouse or children.
ARTICLE 2 - NATURE OF THE POLICY
Platinium Group will issue a compensation of up to 80% of the price of the event ticket, with a maximum of 550€ (VAT inclusive) per ticket for the covered event. The maximum amount that can be collected for each event and each claim is 1500€. Please note that this policy is only valid should the ticket holder be unable to attend the event due to one of the following situations (no other reasons are applicable for coverage):
• Serious illness, accident or death of the ticket holder or an immediate family member (refer to ARTICLE 1 for definitions) taking place at the latest 10 days prior to the covered event/show.
• Late/No distribution of the ticket by the shipping company to the ticket holder, thus not allowing him/her to attend the event. This is only valid for ticket holders who selected the delivery method to be shipping. This is on the condition that the shipping company provides the invoice and a copy of the reason for the non-distribution, and they acknowledge the date of dispatch. Platinium Group has the right to exercise any recourse against the shipping company, unless the unforeseeable and external nature of the event causing the cover to be activated is proven. Nonetheless, the client is responsible for providing the correct address information.
ARTICLE 3 - EXCLUSIONS
Any other events that are not stated in ARTICLE 2 “NATURE OF THE POLICY” are excluded from coverage. Furthermore, the policy is not applicable in the following circumstances:
• Any fact/information that the ticket holder is aware of at the time of ticket purchase, and hence, when registering for the Booking Protection Policy.
• Any illness or accident that took place prior to ticket purchase for the covered event.
• Any psychological, mental or depressive illnesses that do not require hospitalisation or hospitalisation with a duration of less than 3 days.
• Any intended misuse of the policy, regardless of whether it took place before or after the event.
• Event being cancelled, postponed, and/or held behind closed doors due to epidemics, pandemics, quarantine, natural and man-made disasters and any circumstances leading to force majeure.
• Civil or foreign war, declared or not, riots, popular movements, acts of terrorism, acts of government and the conscious non-observance of official prohibitions.
• Ticket loss, theft or deliberate destruction.
• Error in the address details provided by the client, resulting in non-distribution of tickets by DHL. This is only valid for ticket holders who selected the delivery method to be shipping.
• Events that have the option of electronic tickets (e-tickets): the booking protection policy is deemed invalid from the date of e-ticket upload to the client's account.
ARTICLE 4 - CLAIMS PROCEDURE
The ticket holder must declare his/her claim by registered letter to "Platinium Group Attn.: INSURANCE COVER 2, Rue du Gabian – 98000 MONACO" within 5 days of discovering the event activating the cancellation and must send the following documents by post at the cost of the client, for validation by us:
• In cases of illnesses or accidents: a medical certificate indicating the origin, nature and consequences of the illness/accident, and the duration in which the ticket holder is deemed unfit for work.
• In cases of deaths: a copy of the death certificate.
• In cases of road accidents: a copy of the statement of the accident or the claim form that was sent to the ticket holder.
• In cases of DHL not distributing the ticket to the ticket holder, thus not allowing him/her to attend the event: a copy of the invoice and a signed official document by DHL that explains the reasons for non-distribution. This is only valid for ticket holders who selected the delivery method to be shipping.
In all cases, the ticket holder must send Platinium Group the unused ticket for the event covered, together with its voucher (if applicable). Platinium Group reserves the right to request any supporting documents from the ticket holder necessary to handle the case. As a matter of urgency, the ticket holder will also send an email to the dedicated Platinium Group email address: email@example.com advising of the incident leading to the cancellation request within maximum 48 hours after discovering the event activating the cancellation request. Platinium Group shall review all documents provided by the client within 45 days after reception of the case by post.
ARTICLE 5 - LIMITATION OF POLICY
Platinium Group will issue a compensation of up to 80% of the price of the event ticket, with a maximum of 550€ (VAT inclusive) per ticket for the covered event. The maximum amount that can be collected for each event and each claim is 1500€.
Please refer to ARTICLE 2 for further limitations on exclusions to the policy.
ARTICLE 6 - EFFECT AND DURATION OF THE POLICY
The validity of the Booking Protection Policy only extends to the specific covered event. It does not include any other seasonal or yearly recurring editions of the same event.
The coverage is effective from the day of ticket purchase for the covered event and it expires 10 days prior to the start of the covered event.
Only incidents that occur 10 days or more before the covered event can be used as a base for the claim, as stated in the introduction above. For instance, should the incident take place 9 days prior to the event, the policy is deemed invalid.
For events that feature electronic tickets (e-tickets), the booking protection policy is deemed invalid from the date of e-ticket upload to your account or up to 10 days prior to the start of the event as indicated above.
It is important to note that according to this policy, the insurance is not valid for any incidents that take place during the event itself. For more information of procedures related to a cancelled event or Force Majeure, please refer to ARTICLE 9 in our Terms & Conditions.
ARTICLE 7 - GOVERNING LAW
Any dispute related to the Booking Protection Policy will be subjected to the jurisdiction of the Principality of Monaco.
** Severe refers to an identifiable deterioration that is subject to medical proof, e.g. medical certificate. Cases are individually evaluated.
Please note that this is not an insurance policy. A refund option, for any situation, is an extension to our Terms & Conditions, which outlines the specific circumstances in which you will be entitled to a refund.
This document was originally written in English. Should there be a conflict in any part of the translated version, the English version takes precedence.